- A hub is the simplest Internetworking device
- A hub simply extends the span of a Single Local area Network
- A packet coming from one port is sent to all other ports.
- The recieving Computer decides if the packet is for it
- It operates at level 1 of OSI layer
- Every packet is sent out to every computer and it's an drawback
- A Bridge Connects two or more LANS together.
- It looks at the destination of the packet before sending.
- It does not send out the packet when the destination is not found.
- It has only one incoming and one outgoing port
- It works on the Mac Level (Datalink Layer)
- When a packet comes to a switch it is read and to find which node to send the data to
- This Leads to increased efficiency in packet transmission
- It operates at level 2 of the OSI layer
Response is recieved from A
So Connection estlabished only with A
- It is the Most Intelligent of the Internetworking devices
- Router Connects any Combinations of LANS & WANS.
- Works at Network Layer.
- So it uses the IP address for routing packets
- When the data Comes through the router it is forwared to the node with the destined IP address.
- The Speed have now reached 100 mbps to 1 Gbps
- The Below diagram clearly explains the working
Thank u for reading this Article hope it was useful !